|Not my picture, but come on, pot roast is pot roast.|
I did alter the recipe from where I found it.
- 1 2-lb beef chuck roast (or pork, pork works great)
- you can add potatoes here but I never do because potatoes are gross after 8 hours in a crockpot.
- 1 onion
- 2-3 bulbs garlic
- 1 ounce shiitake mushrooms (I used button because that's what I had)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sake or white wine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- salt to taste
To that dump in the water, wine, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, and ginger. Bring it to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes to get the sugar all dissolved.
Okay, dump that over top the meat in a crock pot. Set it to low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4. You can toss in the potatoes or carrots if you want. I won't judge. Too harshly. Weirdo.
That's it. Now go out and enjoy this awesome pot roast with some delectable asian flavors.