Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Paintingware Update

Painting has been a bit spotty at best, but I haven't been low on creativity.

I've been working and messing with the idea of putting some of my trees on things. First I tried painting them onto a milk carton, but they didn't really stick thanks to the cold. Then there was the attempt at etching it into a bar of soap, we're never seeing that thing again. Maybe next time I'll let the soap dry before I attempt that.

The dog wouldn't sit still long enough to let me get the white so I had to fall back on the old safe traditional t-shirt.

I've been wanting to keep it stark and simple. A sort of back to basics as it were but give the trees emotions. (Yes I know I'm crazy, trees can't have feelings they're too busy betting on the fall of sparrows. Trees are jerks).

This one is a mother's love. You see the large tree holding onto the branches of its two saplings.
You can make out the intricate entwining of the branches better here.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with these. I really like how this one turned out and can't help but think it'd look pretty cool framed with a few others to create a collage.

But for now, lookie tree stuff.

Now for the not so much serious and more goofy side of creativity.

You know those insipid stickers on the backs of SUVs so that people can broadcast to the world just how many beings they have trapped inside their house? I decided to make my own:
They're actually each modeled upon a real sticker design one could have. Just with more undead added.

Your Painting has been updated. Quit or Restart your machine?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Do you get a cut of the t-shirt?

Ellen Mint said...

I could but it just doesn't seem worth it. I've only "sold" two t-shirts to other people since January.

Father Wizard : A Colton Production said...

Me likey tree stuff !

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I *LOVE* the undead family stickers!!! BRILLIANT!