Friday, May 30, 2014

Library Card Gifts

Apparently, Zazzle is hosting a contest of sorts to show off their die cut invitations (Which are not invitations etched onto 20 sided die. Unfortunately).

I ignore those e-mails typically, but as I looked at their die-cut examples an idea popped into my head. (I later learned that the finalists get decided through a pinterest popularity contest so I don't stand a snowball's chance in phoenix.)

The template was surprisingly easy to create. It's recognizable to those older than 25 and has a vintage hipster vibe for the typewriter crowd.
As you can tell by the names on the card, I wasn't taking it all seriously. Even assassinos need Save The Date cards. But I came to like the template so much I wondered how it would look on other things.

A whole lot of other things.

A light switch cover for your library!
 A pillow for your napping library bed (people have those, right?)

And a t-shirt for wearing. What else are ya gonna do with a t-shirt?
But what makes it really fun is that I did all the customizing work for you. All you have to do is head to the site, put in your favorite book and author, add in a few made up dates and you can have any of those objects personalized to your reading taste. The possibilities are endless.

If you know a librarian or book reading friend, this would make a good gift, assuming they're not naked Morlocks who recline upon rocks. If they are, you might want to get them an Eloi giftbasket instead.

No comments: