Monday, August 23, 2010

Kitties and Trees

I make it no secret that when it comes to creativity I have more than a touch of ADD.


I enjoy the thrill of learning how to do something new, conquer a mountain or just see if I can get a crazy idea out of my head and tack it to some paper but once I have that picture sketched out, that zombie zombified or that monkey finally figuring out how to juggle I figure it's time to move on.

Which leads to me having absolutely no theme whatsoever when it comes to my paintings. So far there's one and only one subject I like to come back to and that's trees, but even then each time I want something new and different.

Like this recent attempt when I decided to try a tree stretched across two different canvases.
Anyway this is all just an excuse to show off three little trading card sized paintings (which is my new fascination til I get sick of it and make something on say a 48"x30" hunk of canvas or something).

They're three kitties that each have very special interests. The first is Bogart who loved Law and Order, specifically Detective Briscoe:
This is Quentin, he's quite into music and chasing after those invisible notes people who got into the wrong cat nip go on about:
And last and probably my favorite is Marilyn who is apparently a RENThead.
Perhaps each of my paintings should come with a warning, there is a good chance that you shall own the only one ever created in existence because the artist just got distracted and only works in the medium of grass weaving now.

No comments: