Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo

I am insane.

Yes, I know this comes as a large shock to all of you. I was such the perfect example of sanity previously when I decided to take a picture every day for a year or I started my own riffing group with my husband (which we just got our first check for, we're official) or well really any random creativity project I bit into without seeing if I could chew first.

But I think I may have finally out done myself, you see I have decided to try NaNoWriMo.

No idea what that is? No problem, we're full of answers here at the loony bin.

The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in a single month - the month of November. I'd heard of it on and off over the years but paid it almost no heed as I knew I could never write a novel.

But then ideas started appearing in my brain and before I knew it a few weeks back I realized my imagination had formed a novel outline without really informing me.

So on the second day I joined up (and have been scrambling to catch up, it's amazing how quickly 1,600 words can sneak up on you) Up on the top right you can follow my word count progress. Or if you'd like here's a link to my profile including an excerpt that I wrote on Tuesday.

I have no idea if I'll pull it off or not, I may go completely insane in the process, but seems like a fun challenge.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

April D said...

Yay! Good luck! I've added you as a "buddy" :D I am doing it too and it does feel like you've signed up for a nerve-wracking adventure but even last year when I didn't get to 50,000 it was still an amazing experience! :D