Sunday, October 14, 2012

Zombie Teeth

Last Night was our Halloween club's Monster dance. Much dancing and monstering was had by all.

I went as an ice mage, which involved a lot of white and blue makeup.
But I'm not here to talk about that.

My husband went as a Revenant. A sort of proto-zombie/vampire with a revenge fantasy.
I'd like to draw your attention to the teeth on the side of his face. I made that appliance in a day and with a few supplies you too can make your own creepy zombie teeth.

All you need is polymer clay, latex, kleenex, and acrylic paint.

First put down some tin foil and roll the clay about as flat as you can. Fold the clay over top itself, that nice fold makes for the perfect tooth edge. I cut off small chicklet sized pieces and used the pressure of my fingers to roll up the sides to make a tooth shape.

I also pressed down on the edge to super flatten it out to join each tooth together.

Bake that for 30 minutes at 250. Let it cool. Then I added a few coats of white and since these aren't supposed to be pristine teeth I added some tan and darker brown spots on the edges.

I finally finished with a glossy clear coat of acrylic for that creepy shiny teeth look.
Got your teeth painted a nice and creepy zombie shade?

Dredge a kleenex in the latex and put it down on the tin foil, to that add your teeth and position them.

Tear off another strip of kleenex and again put that through the latex, pucker and rip the sides up to create the torn skin. Wrinkles are actually fairly helpful so don't worry too much if it doesn't lay flat.

Let that all dry. If you want you can always go back later to add more layers of torn flesh.

Here I try out the unpainted and dry teeth.
As you can guess the final stag is painting. Carefully add some red and black to the torn muscle part and whatever flesh color you want it to be to the outside.
The night of, pull out a crap ton of spirit gum, flesh latex, and makeup to blend and you have zombie teeth!
Once you're done feasting upon the flesh of the dead, just pull it off and save for next year.

No comments: