Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Death defrosted on medium power

Bring out yer dead! *bang*

Bring out yer dead! *bang*

Bring out yer, hold on a second. She's still alive.

Oh yeah but with this cold I say give it a few days or so and she'll be a complete goner. Can't have her stinking up the place or nothing.

Fine, toss her onto the cart. Bring out yer Dead!

I employ a touch of hyperbole (but just a touch I swear, I wouldn't want the soup to be so hyperbolic you can't eat it. I'm not even sure if it could stay in the bowl in retrospect) but my husband and I have been battling a not nice, very mean cold virus.

He brought the evil sucker home last week so I spent a bit of time taking care of him and keeping the puppy out of his hair (my husband brings me rhinoviruses, I know you're all so jealous).

Then, as nature dictates, once this week rolled around I found myself curled up on the couch suffering from a nasty case of pain throat. I don't just get a scratchy or sore throat, no all my colds are characterized by debilitating pain all up and down my throat so I spend my hours sucking on cough drops, signaling what it is I need as I become dumb and contemplating just what I can liquefy and still have it considered food.

It is a bit interesting that while I have always gotten sore throats when I get sick my husband doesn't really suffer from them much. Instead he gets ear aches, which he hates with a fiery passion much as I do burning throat pain.

There ya go, that's pretty much what I've been up to for the past week or so. Being sick, oh and camping out on the couch finding just about every permutation of an ending to Dragon Age (I'm a Queen now on top of sacrificing myself and just putting Anora on the throne).

So, I guess that's about it. Nothing much to report or say.

Oh wait, I do have one thing. A new painting I finished a while back. Actually it'd been sitting in various states of doneness for weeks but I finally got enough gumption to finish the bad boy:

It's actually an 18X24, so a nice big one. And because it wasn't as time consuming as most of my other giant paintings are I'm only charging $55 for it instead of what I'd usually for an 18X24 (of which I have no idea but it'd be more than that I know).

There ya go. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more rhinovirus carcasses to pick up.

Bring out yer dead!

2 comments:

Chesney said...

I thought you have been awful quiet lately (that is so not like you)! :) Hope you are both feeling better soon! We are lucky, haven't had that ick in our house yet!

Love the stark contrast of the trees and snow in your painting - bet that will be a popular one!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry that you're sick! That's the worst - hopefully you're getting over it by now and can have a nice weekend!

When I'm sick, I usually just feel drained and icky. Sometimes I get a sore throat, and sometimes ear aches - both suck.

Get better and stay warm!