Friday, April 16, 2010

Springy Spring

In the Spring a young woman's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of setting all the pollinating trees aflame.

Or maybe that's just me.

I obviously love trees. I love looking at them, I love the cool shade they provide, the ever changing kalidescope of their leaves. But every inch of me reacts rather violently to their wanton carnal lusts.

First my throat becomes scratchy and I must suffer a horrible sore throat for a few days. Sneezing become so passe I only notice when my nose ISN'T running. And coughing is the gentle background to the early morning robin's song.

Now I'm not saying that trees breeding is bad, I just wish they'd reserve themselves to a time when I'm locked safely away in my hypoallergenic bubble dome.

But the worst is over (at least for what really knocked and drug me out for a week) and now I have pretty blossoms to enjoy and share:
I have no idea what kind of tree we have (it's been kinda fun this year realizing what does and doesn't grow at our new house now. Apparently we have daffodils!) but they smell wonderful wafting over the gale force spring breeze.
Once the allergy free bunker is finished and stocked with nothing but vienna sausages and twinkies I'll be sure to invite all my tree intercourse suffering friends to join me. We can rip apart saplings while we wait.

1 comment:

Chesney said...

Isn't it funny how such gorgeous colors and blooms can raise havoc with our noses?? I'm locked inside too! :)