Is it bad too when the shower is gonna be fancier than the wedding? Even the invitations have one of those ribbons and overlays while ours are just laser printed. And it's in one of those really fancy restaurants I just don't fit into (I'm more a throwing peanut shells on the floor kinda girl, they don't seem to really like that at Panera), so I also got to get into a dress and get all glammed up.
So in honor of my "slight" fears of this whole thing I present the worst of bridal showers.
- First off are the worst bridal shower gifts. I doubt I have to worry about anything like this, I'm more concerned about how my friends will try to embarrass me. They're pros at it
- Games, I have never seen a good shower game. They all seem either pointless (who cares what I have in a purse I don't carry?) painful (clothespins, really?) or confusing (celeb couples should be left far far away from a real wedding). For the really dull here's a drinking game turned tame.
- Favors, I can't really think of much to say but some in this list just horrify me.
- The etiquette, all these stupid things you are expected to know to do just because someone somewhere decided it was so.
- We'll just try to ignore the T word. I don't think that anything shower related is tacky (except for that new body lotion/glue hybrid) it's just not all for me.
Hopefully I'll be back Monday with lots to share, and maybe some advice on how to survive a shower attended mostly by people you don't know all staring at you just to make sure you don't suddenly bolt or something.