Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Lego Batman day!

This week I had to go out and get myself a little pyrex bowl for work (really, I swear. It's a lab thing). And I was thinking, hm, I could do it on Tuesday so I could pick up Lego Batman at the same time.

I thought I was being all smarty pants, and I headed out at 2 to get to Target at a dull shopping time. Well as I was a few steps out the door I hear a huge boom and just as I look up the heavens open up to dump about 50 gallons of water on me as I make a quick 10 minute walk/run to the car (this is what I get for working at a university).

Walking into Target I look like something the cat drug in, out of the sewer, that no one is willing to touch for a few days. Rather than spend the rest of the day soaked to the bone, I look through their shirt options and get a simple t-shirt to replace my drowned one (I wish I had a camera on me now to show you the picture of my other shirt sitting on the lab bench drying).

But I was finally able to get it into my own little hands. Lego Batman.

My fiance is gonna be so happy I can get him to do whatever I want for at least a week. Maybe it's a good time to start deep cleaning the oven and bathroom.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!!
Sorry you had to get soaked to get it, though. Doesn't it always seem that when you remember your umbrella, it never rains??

Carrie Mae said...

jealous. I am jealous.

I couldn't leave work today to go shopping, and as Atlanta is experiencing gas shortages and I didn't fill up this weekend - the fiance was stuck at home without a card. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Agony!!

I think I am hungry for burritos tonight. The burrito place is right next to Target+BestBuy+GameStore

Carrie Mae said...

card=car ... you know. whatevs.

Tayia said...

DANG IT! I completely forgot today was Lego Batman day! Tell me how it is.