Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh no, I missed it!

Okay so in between my blood boilings and me looking forward to lots of cool halloween shipments (this thing rules!) I missed my weird month anniversary.

Yesterday not only was it a month til we walk down that long winding road to um find the wizard and the Beatles (I'm not very good at the poetry) I've also been at my job for a whole month.


It's kinda weird really, somehow the 18th has come to be very significant to me. Or it's just creepy coincidences.


So to celebrate here are some pictures of one month old labs (this is quickly becoming the wedding blog with the most cute puppy pictures).


And also a trick I learned to clean up your ring.


If you really want your gemstone ring (doesn't have to be a diamond) to shine just put it into a shallow dish containing some rubbing alcohol (I use the little plastic cup from Pepto Bismol) leave it for 3 minutes.


Then take an old toothbrush and scrub under the prongs to get the gunk out.


Put it back into the alcohol for another three minutes. Take out and rub the excess off on a kleenex.


Ta da perfectly sparkly and ready for its close up.

4 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Great ring cleaning advice! I love the puppy pics. Can't get enough of those ! :)

Congratulations on your anniversary! :)

Tayia said...

You read my mind! I was just thinking how the heck am I going to clean this ring so it's shiny for its big debut. Thanks for the advice!

Cate Subrosa said...

OMG the cuteness! I love your blog even more than ever today!

Carrie Mae said...

I enjoyed your comment/sympathy on my blog. Weddings and wedding dress shopping scare the hobgoblins out of me.

Also - ring cleaning. Thanks for that. :) I don't wear jewelery and my engagement ring is a bit in need of cleaning, so I was at a loss for how. (still a bit worried about touching it, actually, as it is my grandparents' engagement ring - every day I worry that I might break it).

Lovely little doggie-pups!