Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 90

Wow three months in, a whole trimester gone and just thousands of pixels left in my wake as I wade through "Picture a Day."

Sadly today's is nothing all that interesting, it's just my three little painting shipments all sitting there waiting to make their big splash in the world!
Due to the fact that the US government hates you using anything other than their mandated MS Windows, I have to wait to print off a mailing label at work (that's right, I'm an evil Mac user. Fear me!). So yesterday I got the chance to get all three made up (no easy feat with the government) printed off and all ready to be affixed to the packages.

And what happens? I run out of packing tape.

Something that we've had sitting around since we last moved in oh a year and a half ago chooses that perfect moment to hit that terrible yet fuzzy cardboard section. But damnit, I was gonna get these things out come hell or high water so we decided we just needed something from the grocery store last night (I think it was lemon juice and a baby llama) so I could get some tape.

Now they're gone, never to be seen again. I hope they find themselves a good happy home and always remember to eat their vegetables.

I promised myself I wasn't gonna cry. Sniff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first paintings out the door! That's frustrating that you have to use windows to print off the label. What's wrong with the good old writing the address on the package? Or do you have to declare what's in it and what it's worth? Or is that only for customs?

Linda said...

You'll definitely see the one you sent me again. I'm planning a whole blog post around it.

Chesney said...

Wow, three on the first day - I am impressed! Maybe you don't have tears in your eyes, but after you story, I do! LOL congrats on the sales!