Thursday, June 4, 2009

Old Friend/ New Find

It's Thursday so we all know what that means.

Oh wait I guess you have no idea what Thursday means because I forgot to tell you. Well I'll just assume it's your own fault for not knowing how to read minds yet. Okay okay I'll tell you the idea.

I've been falling into a bit of a blogging rut. I'm generally pretty loyal and visit the same round up of blogs each day (and try to comment, though I go through phases so if you don't hear from me for a week don't worry I'm just hiding in the shadows biding my time) but I realized that since before the wedding I haven't really tried to search out and find new and awesome blogs to get into and share.

Therefor, I'm going to remedy that by talking about a new blog that I've found here each Thursday. It'll force me to find a new one each week and maybe someone else out there will find a new cool place to visit.

But I was also thinking that my old favorites could use a little link love. So each Thursday will be a combo of old friend/new find. I'll highlight a blog that I visit religiously and sit there refreshing their home page hoping for an update as well as something shiny and new.

And what better blog to christen this little idea than Silly Little Mischief.

Linda is an awesome woman living in that super wet city up north somewhere (I think there's something about coffee too). She's got some great reviews of different restaurants around the city as she and her friends test out some really cool dishes. As well as neat recipes of food she tries at home.

I'm also digging her own addition of Weekly Geek. It's a great chance to find out about any cool books or other geeky media I may have missed out on.


I have to give Silly Little Mischief five elephants to support her disc on the back of a giant turtle because she's so much cooler than all those old four elephant planets.



My new Find is actually a link from Silly Little Mischief (see it even ties in):


But don't let the name fool you. There are some incredible looking recipes.

I started salivating over the idea of these mushroom sausage puffs:The recipes are thorough and very easy to follow and understand. But what I love is the creativity shown in some of the dishes. It isn't just a recap you can find in any old cookbook. There's a Moroccan vegetable dish I wouldn't mine trying when the weather turns cool again as well.

So if you want to look at some neat recipes with gorgeous pictures check out The Kitchen Illiterate.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, thanks for the love and the Discworld mention (totally digging that btw). Love the new Thursday idea and flattered you thought of me.

jennifer said...

Great idea!

laura k said...

Thanks for the mention and for the kind words! I'm so glad you like my site, and I'm definitely trying to get back into the habit of posting more often, so hopefully there will be more to read soon. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.