Sunday, September 13, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 284

One of the pluses about always having my camera on me all the time means that when I remember and am paying attention I can snap pictures of things my husband and I see in the most random of places.

Usually it's a pretty flower or weird product on the store shelves.

But sometimes it's something so confusing and disturbing you just have to turn your head to the side, strike the RCA dog pose and snap a picture:I'm not really certain if they're trying to be ironic and this is satire or not.

For me, I read this as a "Holy hell don't ever go anywhere near Disney because they'll dress you all head to toe in Mickey gear, spray you with some of Joker's laughing gas so you have that strained I'm about to blow look and for good measure give everyone in the family a free frontal lobotomy."

It's the twist they gave to the kids heads. Like something out of the exorcist if they'd ever taken Linda Blair on the Dumbo Ride. If they wouldn't have added that it could have almost worked as a Disney endorsement.

As it stands I really wanted something underneath to say "The Happiest Place to have your brains removed on Earth."

What do you think? Is it satire or just a big Disney flop?
***
Congratulations are in order for Cate at Project Subrosa. On tuesday she gave birth to her little girl Talia Scarlett. Love the name and all the dark hair on her little girl.

5 comments:

Chesney said...

I have never seen the Disney version - I like your assessment about the Disney Exorcists - too funny! Don't think those will be on the back of my vehicle (and I am a disney fan...)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to say, I don't think it's satirical. I would *tewtally* consider putting that on my minivan as a joke, but then I'd catch myself and say, "Oh, no way. I can't take the chance of anyone thinking I'm serious." Any comedy-gagster worth their salt would come to the same conclusion.

valerie said...

Ummmm, that's pretty scary. That almost looks like something that could haunt my dreams for a while.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is waaaay scary, and I unfortunately see it waaaay too much 'round these parts. I'm trying to scratch it out of my brain now.

Cate S said...

Ah, thank you for the congratulations, that is so sweet of you! Made my morning when I saw this :)