Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A canvas wedding dress

First up, I've been doing a little spring cleaning. Melissa from the lovely M&M wedding (and a Nebraska native, yes we are all this awesome) got married recently so I moved her over to the Newlywed side of links. I also realized that a few, okay so just about everyone, have given up on the picture a day thing except me (cause I am insane like that). So those who were Newlyweds also got bumped over there.


I also changed the one link list to stuff I find cool and visit every day. I'll admit I am a bit selfish when it comes to my link list and probably use it more than anyone else. Google Reader and I don't get on, it knows what it did.

Now onto the wedding dress. This is actually my first wedding dress ever painted on canvas. I know that doesn't seem like such a big deal but well to me it is. I rely on a lot of little detail and being able to make fine lines and canvas can have a much different grain from canvas board. So for this I actually got a much nicer piece of canvas just so I wouldn't, frankly, fuck it up.

This is what the original dress was based on. I'm thinking I should start asking for links to the manufactures page if only for detail shots. I love adding the tiny details, as they are what make one white dress different from all other white dresses, but photographers never seem to capture those as well. Though I will always base the dress upon the shape of the person wearing it as they make it their dress (and also photoshop lies, this dress didn't look even close to so mermaidey on the owner).It's a little shiny cause I took the picture just after covering in protective gloss. I get impatient sometimes.

Hopefully my next wedding project will either be a dress from a nearlywed involving two cats or Jennifer's with a hot dog cart. The race is on to see who gets me pictures first!

Oh and Linda when I finally dig myself out of this wedding dress hole I will get to painting your friends bouquet. It'll be quite a challenge but I'm up to it. Plus I may go mad if I just paint little white dresses on nothing but black backgrounds. In fact some may even say I have gone mad.

HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha. Sorry, forgot to take the caps lock off.

2 comments:

Linda said...

No worries. Whenever you get around to it.

Chesney said...

Wonderful first painting on canvas! You really do have a gift!