Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 134

Ooh let's play that stupid shower game where every one has to root through her purse and wins points based upon how much stuff she has that matches a certain list.

Only instead of a list how about we show off the weirdest thing we have?

I am sorry to say but I think I already have this one in the bag. Even though I only carry around an ID holder thingie I have on my person at all times a Periodic Table:

And it isn't just so I can get into all the trendy nerd bars either. I honestly use it sometime. Like yesterday. My boss was asking what the molecular weight of iron is, and so I pulled this baby out and told him "It's about 57"
You'd be surprised how often I actually have had to use this thing. The only labs to put an actual periodic table on the walls generally have large clouds of pink smoke hanging over them, loud occasional explosions and break the hearts and spirits of freshmen (so you know, chemistry labs). Yet there are many times (about once or twice every three years!) that I'll need to calculate the molarity of something and won't have it printed on the bottle or a computer handy.

So out comes my laminated periodic table.

What's the strangest thing you carry with you every day? Can anyone out nerd me cause if so we'll have to have a bat'leth duel at dawn to decide the winner.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's awesome. I wish I carried around a periodic table in my purse - not that I'd really have much use for it or anything.

I don't really have anything weird in my purse. But I do carry around two little things of dental floss so that might count?

Leslie said...

I know I definitely cannot top your wierdness, though I do carry little kids bandaids rather than normal ones.

Linda said...

That's awesome. I don't have anything nearly as cool. Just my emergency blanket from when we were all gung ho about emergency planning.

Katy said...

That is awesome. Unbelievably awesome.

I carry around a loop (http://www.villageantiques.ch/prints/primer/LinenTester.jpg) which I guess would be the printing industry version of a periodic table.

BrioII said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I carry a copy of the Constitution. Never know when you're going to need to assert your rights...

Chesney said...

I always carry toilet paper, being a realtor, you never know when you (or someone else) might need it :)