Wednesday, April 1, 2009

La Fleur de Papier

Just how cool is this? Or what about this?
What if I told you that these lovely roses are in fact handmade from paper and cost a whole $5-$7? I imagine there'd be rioting in the streets from excitement but I shall face that fear and admit that yes it's all true.

Yesterday I received a slightly locationally challenged parcel that contained my own delicate pink paper rose. Forgive the crappy picture. The kitchen table does not give good light:I'm still amazed at just how gorgeous it is in real life. The paper petals look so delicate, the color blending is amazing and it has a lovely not too overpowering rose scent added. Even my husband was impressed.

We used to grow roses when I was younger and these remind me a million times more of the wonderful color patters we'd get on our bushes than anything I've seen in a silk flower.

Just how does one go about getting their own little marvel? Why from La Fleur de Papier.

If anyone out there is still planning a wedding or even wants your own little rose but aren't so big into silk you really got to check these out. I tipped Pissed off Bride to it as a possible guestbook pen but it works well for so many different ways. Mine is currently sitting in its own vase on the kitchen table.

I know I'm gushing a bit but they really are quite amazing to behold and their crafter is really sweet. Hm, I wonder if she could do something in blue . . .

7 comments:

Chesney said...

These look so real, but if I got my hands on them they would definitely not look real LOL

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Those aren't real?! WOW!! they are pretty awesome!
RelentlessBride

Hannah said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Those roses are soo real looking!

Linda said...

Gorgeous. Also a good idea for a mother's day or birthday gift.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Sorry, but these are real. I just don't believe it!!!

Wow!

Jenna said...

I agree with a previous commenter, wonderful mother's day gift idea!

melissa said...

Wow, fooled me. I thought they were reall.