Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 126

Yesterday was quickly turning into a no fun very bad day.
Thanks to some idiots messing with the power supply in our lab our sterile hood failed and some of my media for growing up bacteria got infected. Now it's got lots of floating colonies in it so I had to remake all that and am re-running an experiment that gave some wacky results because of the hood failure.

Around noon the pressure all around the state of Nebraska suddenly inverted and I was certain my brain was trying to ooze out of my skull like an egg dropped into boiling water. So I was in a rather bitter and blind searing pain mood (that's a mood right?) when I got home.

Oh but I was on cloud nine (well I still had that headache so maybe cloud seven) when I got to the mailbox.

Lookie at what I got from Royal Princess (don't let the name scare you, well not too much):It's a real rose preserved with what I am guessing is something like formalin. All the petals are very light and flexible. You can still see the stamens inside:
I'm thinking this baby will have to make her debuet for Easter this year. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to wear it.

I've been going through my old backlog of pictures and I realized there are a ton I just haven't shared for one reason or another. So I was thinking on my more, shall we say, less focused days I'd share some of the old ones.
Okay so this last one isn't that old but I just loved what the green looked like when I added it to the boiling water. Reminds me of a witches cauldron. Now I know what to do if I ever want to take a really good picture of a spooky cauldron. So what do you think of me showing off some old pictures that never got the light of day? You'd be floored at how many times I've filled up the memory card and then cleared it out just to get to day 126 (I think we're at 4 now).

Better question, what should I do with the pretty rose bobby pin? I am no good with hair so I'd love any easy suggestions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo on headaches and sterile hood failures!

That is a really cute hair piece! I'm terrible at doing hair, but I think it would look nice if you pulled your hair into some kind of loose bun and stick it right next to the bun, near the nape of your neck.

Chesney said...

Love that shocking blue - wow!

Linda said...

I love the flower. I think it would look great sticking out of the top of a ponytail or a bun. I can't wait to see how you wear it. I think the color is really you.

Brunhilda said...

That flower is awesome. I have a short bob, so I'd probably wear it pushing my hiar to the side like a barrette.

Lindsey said...

I just ADORE that flower hair pin!!

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

More pictures = awesome! I'd like to see more.

I love that flower! Wow!