I Shuffl'D lonely as a cloud
When all at once I saw a crowd,
- That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
- A host, full of brains for meals;
Screaming and running through the streets.
Continuous as the stars that shine
They stretch'd in never-ending line
- And twinkle on the Milky Way,
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
- Along the margin of a bay:
Tossing their heads in fearful dance.
Chain link heaved against the groan; but they
A zombie could not but be happy,
- were trapped and could never get free:
I gazed -- and gazed -- at the horror wrought
- In such gray matter company:
When zombies conquered and all humans were caught:
For oft, when in my shamble I sigh
They flash upon that inward eye
- In vacant or in pensive mood,
And then my stomach with hunger does fill,
- Which is the bliss of solitude;
As I take a bite out of some guy named Bill .
Friday, October 16, 2009
Some Guy Named Bill - I Shuffl'D lonely as a cloud
The third in my series of taking classic literature and injecting some much needed Zombie entertainment into it.