Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Zombie Not Taken

October is finally here (no matter how much Old Man Winter is trying to convince me it's really December. IT IS NOT TIME TO GO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! PISS OFF!) and I thought it was a good time to dig out the first Zombie poem I ever touched up.

Enjoy:

The Road Not Taken*
by Robert Frost (with a few surprises added by me).

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where a zombie stood in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Imposing over stood trolls in a pair;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
Tempting with treasures of the pick.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
And knowing just what would allay,
I unsheathed my boom stick. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I shot the zombies in the eye,
And that has made all the difference.


*Many apologizes to Mr. Frost and anyone else who likes the poem, poetry in general or speaks English. This just came out while playing a game and well it did make a it a bit more exciting after all, right?

Yeah I'll go burn myself now for being a heretic.

No comments: